Contemporary Verse 2 accepts only online submissions. Please submit using the link below. You will be prompted to create an account or log in to your existing account in order to create a submission.
Contemporary Verse 2 accepts submissions from Sept. 1 through May 31.
Contemporary Verse 2 no longer accepts email submissions.
Contemporary Verse 2 no longer accepts mail submissions.
If you have trouble using the new submission process, please contact email@example.com.
- Participating writers must be under the age of 35 at the time of the contest deadline. All entrants must be willing to provide proof of age if requested.
- Open to Canadian and International poets.
- Entry fee: $26 (first entry, includes 1-year subscription), $16 (subsequent entries)
- Due to high international shipping costs, the subscription term for contest entrants residing in the US is 9 months (3 issues). For international residents the subscription term is 3 months (1 issue).
- Your entry may consist of 1-3 poems, and is not to exceed 80 lines.
- Deadline for all contest entries: November 1, 2019 at midnight central time.
- Early Bird Deadline: Enter before October 1st and submit an extra poem at no charge! The length of the extra poem must not exceed 80 lines.
- Do not identify yourself on your attachment. Enter your name and address information in the form provided in Submittable. In the space reserved for a cover letter please enter the title(s) of your piece(s) and line count. On occasion, CV2 magazine makes subscriber names and addresses available to external organizations. If you do not wish to receive such mailings, please state this clearly in the space reserved for a cover letter.
- Your entry must be formatted on 8 1/2″ x 11″ using single spacing and a 12 point font.
- Entries must be sent in .doc, .docx, or .rtf format using Submittable.
- Winners of the 2019 Young Buck Poetry Prize will be notified by email (or telephone) and results will be available on the CV2 website in early January 2020.
- Each piece must be original, unpublished, not submitted elsewhere for publication or broadcast, nor accepted elsewhere for publication or broadcast, nor entered simultaneously in any other contest or competition for which it is also eligible to win a prize.
- Winning pieces will be published in CV2 magazine, with authors paid for publication.
Open to all emerging poets. Kindly outline in your cover letter your experience as an emerging poet.